We are seeking a Pastor to Children and Youth to lead our vibrant ministry to children, youth and families. With a focus on learning, Christian formation, discipleship and worship, he or she will lead, coordinate and develop volunteers, prepare curriculum and lead catechesis and liturgies. Please apply no later than January 15, 2016.
Purpose of the Position
To form children and youth in the Christian faith by providing relevant and age-appropriate programs, catechesis, and pastoral care.
Duties and Responsibilities
With a focus on Learning, Christian formation, Discipleship and Worship, the Pastor to Children and Youth will:
- Coordinate and ensure safe and appropriate care for nursery aged children.
- Coordinate, recruit, lead and develop Children and Youth Ministry and Nursery Care volunteers
- Prepare curriculum and coordinate leadership of Sunday morning catechesis and liturgies for children, Kindergarten to Grade 5.
- Prepare curriculum and lead Sunday morning catechesis and liturgies for Junior Youth, Grades 6 – 8.
- Prepare curriculum and lead Sunday morning catechesis and liturgies for Senior Youth, Grades 9 – 12.
- Under the direction of the Priest in Charge, prepare curriculum and teach Baptism and Confirmation classes.
- Organize social events throughout the year for youth in grades 6 – 12.
- Engage parents and nurture them in the life of the Domestic Church; being the practicing and nurturing of Christian faith at home.
- Plan and lead key youth liturgies such as the Maundy Thursday Vigil and Festival of Light.
- Develop pastoral relationships with children and youth.
- Plan, Coordinate and lead annual summer Vacation Bible School.
- Engage children and youth in the practice of faith through outreach initiatives.
- Generate ideas for new missional initiatives appropriate for children and youth.
- Coordinate and lead Children and Youth integration and participation in Sunday liturgies.
- Participate fully as an active member of the St Cuthbert’s ministry team.
Required Qualities, Experience and Competencies
- A baptized believer who regularly attends congregational worship.
- Youth pastoral experience and or training.
- Knowledge of the sacraments of the Anglican Church Canada or willingness to learn about the same.
- Competence and experience in Christian formation of youth and children.
- Sound Christian theological education and formation.
- Capacity and willingness to explore difficult life and faith questions with youth.
- Capacity to plan and implement youth and children’s ministry programs.
- Capacity to work comfortably in team ministry.
Terms of Service
- 20 hours per week, with a focus on Sunday ministry. However, due to the nature of the work, some weeks will involve more hours, which will be balanced with fewer hours other weeks. The most concentrated periods of work are Advent/Christmas, Lent/Holy Week, and September.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com no later than January 15, 2016.
 Catechesis, the ministry of instruction and preparation for Christian initiation and lifelong formation.