On Sunday December 6 Bishop Patrick Yu joined us as we celebrated our 125th Anniversary with a special service and reception recognizing long-standing members of St. Cuthbert’s.
In 1890 William Lea donated half an acre of his apple orchard for a mission. The wood frame Leaside Mission opened for services on October 1, 1890 on the site of the present church, adjacent to the current oak tree.
At the service we recognized six members of long-standing: Pam Sellers, Judy Bamford, Ken Wantz, Nancy Dorkin, Nancy Wahlroth and Betty Crichton. Remarkably, all six have worshipped with every rector in the history of St. Cuthbert’s.