We invite you to join us for worship and to love and service the Lord.
With guidance from the Diocese of Toronto, and following protocols from the Medical Officer of Health, we are hoping to be able to start worshipping in the church again on September 13 with a 10 am service, followed by Thursday, September 17 with a 10 am service and then continuing from Sunday September 20 with both an 8 am and a 10 am service. For those at greater risk of serious illness from COVID-19 such as those who are immunocompromised, and anyone who would prefer to worship at home for now, we encourage you to take part via Webex using a computer, tablet or telephone. If you require special accommodation of any kind, please let us know. Please contact our parish administrator for more information at: email@example.com (416) 485 – 0329.
For those of you planning to be in the church, there are some things you should know beforehand:
- For each week’s Sunday services, there will be a separate EventBrite invitation sent to you by email. It will ask you your seating preference (church nave or Lamb Hall), your contact information, standard COVID-19 screening questions, and if you can bring a phone or tablet with the service bulletin already downloaded. For those of you without email who wish to attend church in person, please phone the Parish Administrative Assistant at 416 485 0329 starting Tuesday morning each week to make your reservation for that week.
- All entry is by the St. Cuthbert’s Road doors to the Foyer.
- Safety protocols will be in place, including COVID-19 screening questions (do you have fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty swallowing).
- Please be prepared to provide the required contact information either during the reservation process or when you arrive.
- Perhaps consider arriving early on our first Sundays back to church to facilitate these processes.
- Please bring a mask – wearing one in the church building is mandatory. If for medical or other reasons, you are not able to wear a mask, you must talk to our Priest or Assistant Curate before making arrangements to attend a service in person.
- Seating needs to be physically distanced – so approximately 22 people will be seated in the church nave itself, and an additional 64 in Lamb Hall. You will have a choice of which space you prefer, until its limit has been reached. The celebrant will be in the church, and other than Communion, the Service in Lamb Hall will be on a screen.
- Communion will be offered – as bread only. A video from the Diocese of Toronto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt82HGrc7dI shows how this will be accomplished.
- Children under 10 years old need to stay with their family.
- If you have a smartphone or tablet, it would be handy to bring it with you to follow the bulletin, to cut down on paper use.
- If you are bringing money or a Collection envelope, there will be a Collection Plate at the entrance to the church, and to Lamb Hall.
- Gary Forbes as our Director of Music will still be playing, and there will be music – but none of us in the congregation may join in.
- If you think you may need water to drink, please bring it with you.
- We are hoping for cross-ventilation by windows and doors. No fans are permitted
We look forward to seeing you in person in September or continuing your worship from home.