BAYVIEW GARDEN OPENING CELEBRATION – SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18th, 2022 @ 2pm
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
to all those who made the Bayview Garden Opening such a wonderful event!
It was a true blessing to see members of St. Cuthbert’s, and the wider community, come together to celebrate our new prayerful, peaceful garden. We are particularly grateful to the committee who organized the celebration, as well as all of the behind-the-scenes helpers. While there were a few raindrops it did not damper the joy and as one friend noted “it was as if God were baptizing the whole thing!”
Photo credit Michael Hudson / Anglican Diocese of Toronto
BAYVIEW GARDEN PROJECT – UPDATE & ANNOUNCEMENT
A core team of Reverend Janet, Chris Vyse, Guy Stevenson, Michael Wissell, Tim Sellers, Mary Lynne Stewart and Ian Beverley with recent additions of Spencer Wissell, Linda Prue and Jane Milligan have been working over the last six months to make the Bayview Garden Project a reality this fall. Here is the current status:
- We have all permits in place or in progress to undertake the project.
- The new illuminated sign has been ordered and is ready for installation when the rest of the project proceeds.
- With Amy Turner, our landscape architect, we have selected a landscape architect who will be available to begin construction with the other contractors this October
- The funds required to complete the project are $280,000. Work will proceed as funds become available.
- How are we going to fund this?
- Over the past years we have received approximately $90,000 to fund the costs to date of approximately $70,000.
- Over the past 6 months the Project Team has been submitting funding applications to various charities and foundations.
Matching Gift Program
- The Wardens have allocated $100,000 from the Norma Bird Bequest to be made available for the Bayview Garden Project in a dollar for dollar matching gift program to start in June.
- Under this program, each dollar donated to the Bayview Garden Project will be matched by one dollar from this allocation up to a maximum of $100,000 and to a total amount of $200,000. This is a great opportunity to get this project moving.
- Additional funding applications continue in progress.
- Materials on the Matching Gift Program will be provided to parishioners in early June. PLEASE WATCH FOR THEM AND RESPOND AS YOU ARE ABLE.
- While details are being finalized, an In Memoriam recognition program is being prepared for contributions to the Bayview Garden Project.
This is an exciting time and an exciting opportunity to relaunch, revitalize and re-present St. Cuthbert’s as we begin to envision our return to our physical church in the fall.
PLEASE WATCH FOR DETAILS OF THE MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM AND FOR REGULAR ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE WHAT’S ON BULLETIN.