BAYVIEW GARDEN PROJECT – SAVE THE DATE!
The Bayview Garden Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held on Sunday, September 18th, 2022 at 2pm. Please plan to join us in celebrating our new prayerful, peaceful garden as we unveil it to the community.
BAYVIEW GARDEN PROJECT – UPDATE & ANNOUNCEMENT
A core team of Reverend Janet, Chris Vyse, Guy Stevenson, Michael Wissell, Tim Sellers, Mary Lynne Stewart and Ian Beverley with recent additions of Spencer Wissell, Linda Prue and Jane Milligan have been working over the last six months to make the Bayview Garden Project a reality this fall. Here is the current status:
- We have all permits in place or in progress to undertake the project.
- The new illuminated sign has been ordered and is ready for installation when the rest of the project proceeds.
- With Amy Turner, our landscape architect, we have selected a landscape architect who will be available to begin construction with the other contractors this October
- The funds required to complete the project are $280,000. Work will proceed as funds become available.
- How are we going to fund this?
- Over the past years we have received approximately $90,000 to fund the costs to date of approximately $70,000.
- Over the past 6 months the Project Team has been submitting funding applications to various charities and foundations.
Matching Gift Program
- The Wardens have allocated $100,000 from the Norma Bird Bequest to be made available for the Bayview Garden Project in a dollar for dollar matching gift program to start in June.
- Under this program, each dollar donated to the Bayview Garden Project will be matched by one dollar from this allocation up to a maximum of $100,000 and to a total amount of $200,000. This is a great opportunity to get this project moving.
- Additional funding applications continue in progress.
- Materials on the Matching Gift Program will be provided to parishioners in early June. PLEASE WATCH FOR THEM AND RESPOND AS YOU ARE ABLE.
- While details are being finalized, an In Memoriam recognition program is being prepared for contributions to the Bayview Garden Project.
This is an exciting time and an exciting opportunity to relaunch, revitalize and re-present St. Cuthbert’s as we begin to envision our return to our physical church in the fall.
PLEASE WATCH FOR DETAILS OF THE MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM AND FOR REGULAR ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE WHAT’S ON BULLETIN.