St. Cuthbert's Church

On Sunday, July 1 Parishioners Diane and Gibson (Gibby) Gray celebrated their golden wedding with members of St. Cuthbert’s. Diane and Gibby renewed their wedding rows in front of the congregation and then invited everyone to join them for a celebratory drink and cake, before departing for Gravenhurst to celebrate further with their family over the long Canada Day weekend.

Our love and best wishes are extended to Diane and Gibby for many happy years ahead.

Once again St. Cuthbert’s has a summer vegetable community garden for parishioners and residents, and this year greatly expanded over 2017!

20180701_114041

Are you able to help with some gardening chores? If so come and join us on a Wednesday morning around 10 am and meet the gardening crew. This vegetable garden also supplies the Flemington Food Bank as there is plenty to share.

 

This year’s Summer Camp will take place from July 23 – 27 from 10 am to 4 pm, with extended care from 8.30 am- 5 pm.

Children aged between 4 and 11 years are invited to join us at St. Cuthbert’s for a week of adventure, bible study, games and activities, fun, skits, songs, plus a day trip.

cropped-img_5098-v21

Registration fee of $100 includes ($50 extra for extended care time). Bring a bagged lunch! Bursaries are available if needed.

Summer Camp Registration (ID #2843)

Read More

St Cuthbert Heritage Tree

Come and visit the heritage tree located on the grounds of St. Cuthbert’s  Anglican Church (1399 Bayview Ave, Toronto).

The majestic, nearly 200 year-old great white oak at St. Cuthbert’s Anglican Church, was the first tree to receive recognition through Forests Ontario’s Heritage Tree 150 (a Canada sesquicentennial project). The celebration was held on Saturday March 25th, during St. Cuthbert’s Church’s Creation Care 2017 weekend.

In 1890, William Lea designated half an acre of land for a small Anglican Mission church (later to be named St. Cuthbert’s).   In early years, as the only public building in the area, it served as Leaside’s first City Hall, community centre and meeting place. St. Cuthbert’s and its great white oak have been the center of generations of change and growth in the Leaside community.

Special thanks to our parishioners Kathi and Bob Davies for their nomination of this majestic, nearly 200 year old tree, and to the St. Cuthbert’s Church gardening community for being God sent, caring stewards over the years.